- 7 a.m., 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 8:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Better Days Yoga, 7433 Hollister Ave, Goleta
- 9 a.m., 316-A State St. ($20)
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., 1213 State Street, Suite L ($13)
- 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., 316-A State St.-The Adderly School ($18 - $20)
- 10:30 a.m., Solvang to Carpinteria (Free)
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wildling Museum, 1151-B Mission Drive, Solvang, 93463 (Free - $5)
- Noon to 1 p.m., Solvang Alano Club, 320 Alisal Road (Free)
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., 920 State St (Free)
- 6 p.m., 320 Alisal Rd., Solvang, CA (Free)
- Time TBA, Pacifica Graduate Institute, 801 Ladera Ln., Santa Barbara
Monday, March 10, 2014
Monks from the Derung Loseling Monastery will construct an Amatayus sand mandala over the course of the week, as part of a week-long commemoration of the 55th anniversary of the Tibetan Uprising.
10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Unitarian Society (Free)
Learn about Antioch University Santa Barbara’s MA in Clinical Psychology program which prepares students to become licensed Marriage & Family Therapists (MFT’s) and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC’s).
Noon to 1 p.m., Antioch University (Free)
Sung Won Sohn, ex-senior economist and professor, will discuss this matter.
Noon, Fess Parker's DoubleTree Resort, Reagan Room ($35 - $40)
The Drepung Loseling monks will take part in presentations honoring Santa Barbara and the Tibetan Community.
Noon, S.B. City Hall (Free)
Do you love to play Scrabble but all your friends are too busy watching television to play? Join the Goleta Library to the Scrabble aficionados club, which will meet twice a month.
1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Goleta Library
This inspiring human rights advocate, UNICEF Advocate for Children Affected by War and author of a highly praised new novel, Radiance of Tomorrow, will share his story and shed light on critical issues related to children and war.
8 p.m. to 10 p.m., UCSB Campbell Hall ($10 - $15)
The UCSB Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Christopher Rountree, gives the world premiere of local composer Nick Norton's orchestration of Brahms's Piano Quintet in F Minor, Op. 34.
8 p.m., Lotte Lehmann Concert Hall (Free - $10)