WEATHER »

Comments

August 20, 1:55 AM

retprotector on "Goleta Goes Off Target?" Seems to me that Target just got fed up with all the games and trickery by the Goleta and Santa Barbara Official's...... you can only jump through so many hoops ... Read More.

August 20, 12:38 AM

EastBeach on "How to Make a Million" Obviously many commenters didn't read this article completely. The author also covers the scenario where you *do* own a car but keep it for more than 5 years by mixing ... Read More.

August 20, 12:18 AM

EastBeach on "Nonexistent Fracking" " big oil sold their SB onshore interests to little oil 10-20 years ago. They dont need to deal with eco-pressure groups the generally hostile county politics" -- nuffalready Wrong ... Read More.

August 20, 12:07 AM

atomic_state on "Life or Death?" @ DrDan: no, I've never been to Israel, because I'm not white. Paris was bad enough. When you go back, you might try a spray-on tan and black hair dye, ... Read More.

August 19, 11:57 PM

EastBeach on "Measure P Lawsuits Commence" LOL, tabatha *owns* nativegeo for laying bare his attempt at pulling off a dishonest quote. Read More.

August 19, 10:05 PM

m2457 on "Investigation into Bicyclist's Death Continues" @Sevendolphins, I happen to have the CA Driver handbook and it states "Necessity of family member including yourself, when adequate transportation facilities are unavailable and you need personal transportation or ... Read More.

August 19, 10:04 PM

AutoCoalition on "Investigation into Bicyclist's Death Continues" I just re-read the very first comment by sevendolphins and got a good laugh. He said " The sun was to the rear of the car, I think, so the ... Read More.

August 19, 9:20 PM

AutoCoalition on "Investigation into Bicyclist's Death Continues" RIP to the bicyclist, but neither he or the other bicyclists considered how dangerous it was to ride bikes on that very narrow road, a road heavily used by large ... Read More.

August 19, 9:09 PM

benthead on "Investigation into Bicyclist's Death Continues" But this wasn't a windy road... Read More.

August 19, 8:39 PM

nativegeo on "Measure P Lawsuits Commence" I'm so glad Tabatha and Herschel we're released from the stand down. Thank you Katie and Rachel. I'm sorry you set off the domino effect of unemployment (you own it). ... Read More.

August 19, 8:00 PM

buckwheat on "UCSB Professor Sentenced to Probation, Community Service in Theft, Battery Case" I really don't much give a damn what the professor did. What I do care about is the idea that a parent would allow a 16 year old to incite ... Read More.

August 19, 7:57 PM

JarvisJarvis on "Measure P Lawsuits Commence" The county is virutally bankrupt right now. With $800,000 in unfunded employee pension liabilities and who knows how much in unfunded infraztructure repair and maintenance, why wait until it finally ... Read More.

August 19, 7:47 PM

Ken_Volok on "Investigation into Bicyclist's Death Continues" I'm reminded of Frank Hotchkiss' recent letter crying we don't need safer bike lanes. Read More.

August 19, 7:24 PM

Ken_Volok on "The S.B. Questionnaire: Marge Cafarelli " Which shops have gone under? Read More.

August 19, 7:20 PM

JarvisJarvis on "The S.B. Questionnaire: Marge Cafarelli " Youwza, get back to me when 20% of all Santa Barbara residential units are permanently dedicated to the uber-wealthy like 20% are right now permanently dedicated to the uber-poor. Read More.

August 19, 7:16 PM

Herschel_Greenspan on "Measure P Lawsuits Commence" If they stopped oil production tomorrow, the county would not go bankrupt. Nativegeo, light a match! Read More.

August 19, 6:59 PM

tabatha on "Measure P Lawsuits Commence" I'll answer the question, and ooooh, it is soooo scary. From NoozHawk Unemployment rose slightly in Santa Barbara County last month, although the percentage of jobless residents was a full ... Read More.

August 19, 6:54 PM

tabatha on "Measure P Lawsuits Commence" You never answered the question, but obfuscated. In what job sectors is unemployment rising across the county? What is the cause? What does it have to do with Measure P? Read More.

August 19, 6:50 PM

nativegeo on "Measure P Lawsuits Commence" Egenolf will profit handsomely if the county goes bankrupt. Bottom feeder. Read More.

August 19, 6:48 PM

nativegeo on "Measure P Lawsuits Commence" Tabatha, I was hoping Katie and Rachel would release you from the stand down. You guys are really running scared now. Rumor has it that you will take it to ... Read More.

August 19, 6:47 PM

nomoresanity on "UCSB Professor Sentenced to Probation, Community Service in Theft, Battery Case" If she were a top academic I would not have fairly disparaged her complete lack of peer reviewed research. Read More.

August 19, 6:43 PM

nomoresanity on "Life or Death?" Thanks dp14-I was sitting on State St ready to do the deed and read your common sense advice. Instead I got a tattoo of a big ass scimitar... Read More.

August 19, 6:40 PM

billclausen on "The S.B. Questionnaire: Marge Cafarelli " Yowza Jarvis, I think you're onto something. Get rid of those pesky working-class folks, and replace it with high end places where the elite can drink their wine. I say ... Read More.

August 19, 6:40 PM

nomoresanity on "Investigation into Bicyclist's Death Continues" It seems as if this kid should NEVER have been pulling a trailer considering his lack of experience. On the other hand, no amount of demanding that we share the ... Read More.

August 19, 5:59 PM

sevendolphins on "Investigation into Bicyclist's Death Continues" Add to the list of cyclists killed by careless car drivers: Martin Luna in Old Town in August, 2007, and Antonio Guerca in Old Town in September, 2001. But I ... Read More.

event calendar sponsored by: