WEATHER »

Comments

April 17, 9:07 PM

billclausen on "Big Plans for the Big House" (Continued from previous post) I think that terra-cotta statues of Californian governors from the first governor to the present (Two figures of Jerry Brown--one from his first term when he ... Read More.

April 17, 9:04 PM

lawdy on "From the Mouths of Dogs" Watching them kill people. Read More.

April 17, 8:52 PM

billclausen on "From the Mouths of Dogs" What were we doing before injunctions? Read More.

April 17, 8:40 PM

lawdy on "From the Mouths of Dogs" Billc...I know yr stance on DUI. My point is to assume proponents of g.i are fond of more regulations is a bogus one. You are trying to figure out cause. ... Read More.

April 17, 8:37 PM

EdHeron on "Santa Barbara's Cafeteria Queen" Nancy is the very best! Read More.

April 17, 8:27 PM

billclausen on "Morua Pleads Guilty to DUI and Fatal Hit-and-Run Charges" they called it yellow journalism back in the day, good old Pulitzer and early Fleet Street publishing moguls...Wendy's back in 1890s, but the poor dear doesn't even know it, or ... Read More.

April 17, 8:24 PM

billclausen on "Big Plans for the Big House" We don't need a new "Mission-style" jail. Gandalf47 (anonymous profile) April 17, 2014 at 7:54 p.m. Why not?...it's in keeping with the old tradition of when the Spanish came in ... Read More.

April 17, 8:10 PM

dolphinpod14 on "Neptune Public Radio" Neptune?...You're not the Capt of Neptune, you're the captain of your anus. Read More.

April 17, 8:07 PM

billclausen on "Morua Pleads Guilty to DUI and Fatal Hit-and-Run Charges" Eckermann, I have no quarrel with you, so since we agree, nothing here to debate. Read More.

April 17, 8:03 PM

billclausen on "From the Mouths of Dogs" Oh Lawdy lawd, you are *so* off base. Haven't you read any of my posts about drunk driving? (Hint: My dad was hit by a buzzed driver, three of my ... Read More.

April 17, 8:01 PM

AZ2SB on "Fire Official Admits to Stealing Union Funds" Why would such an upstanding person go out this way? Read More.

April 17, 7:57 PM

Eckermann on "Morua Pleads Guilty to DUI and Fatal Hit-and-Run Charges" Bill Clausen, I have no argument with anything you wrote. I wouldn't mind if alcohol advertising were banned by law. I drink but I don't drink and drive. Much to ... Read More.

April 17, 7:54 PM

Gandalf47 on "Big Plans for the Big House" @Beachgirl77 -I couldn't have said it better myself. This is all about Brown. I know from personal experience that your description of what it's like in the County jail - ... Read More.

April 17, 7:51 PM

loonpt on "Solvang Bomb Scare Defused" Ya but they have to train the new army of people in how to handle those type of situations. Not to mention there are logistical differences. For example I heard ... Read More.

April 17, 7:50 PM

billclausen on "Neptune Public Radio" One more thing: What sort of weird nonsense is this? Read More.

April 17, 7:48 PM

Ken_Volok on "Morua Pleads Guilty to DUI and Fatal Hit-and-Run Charges" But Botany, when is a person's debt to society paid? Not everyone is a repeater? Why would a person bother reforming or seeking emotional help if the past were forever ... Read More.

April 17, 7:45 PM

lawdy on "From the Mouths of Dogs" Billc....that's a hell of a stretch from citizens wanting to crush the gangs and their criminal activities to having a love of laws and authority. No doubt you feel the ... Read More.

April 17, 7:43 PM

Ken_Volok on "Who should play Huguette Clark in the newly announced movie?" Obviously Mink Stole should play the part. Read More.

April 17, 7:40 PM

billclausen on "Neptune Public Radio" Is this the Steve Price mentioned in this article? http://www.independent.com/news/2012/... This Steve Price would be about 60 years old, blonde hair, and hangs around Mission Canyon. Read More.

April 17, 7:32 PM

billclausen on "From the Mouths of Dogs" Ken: They will argue "Yes, crime is down, but we need to do better". You know it's ridiculous, I know its ridiculous, but people are in love with laws and ... Read More.

April 17, 7:28 PM

billclausen on "Morua Pleads Guilty to DUI and Fatal Hit-and-Run Charges" @Eckermann: I get the part about drinking, and while I don't drink I recognize that many do, and will drink, and apart from knowing it's not a healthy habit, have ... Read More.

April 17, 7:16 PM

billclausen on "Solvang Bomb Scare Defused" Loonpt: They don't need to prepare, they already did that when their paranoia drove them to throw innocent people into prison camps when they persecuted Americans of Japanese descent during ... Read More.

April 17, 7:03 PM

Botany on "Morua Pleads Guilty to DUI and Fatal Hit-and-Run Charges" Whatever you think of the News-Press, it doesn't change the fact that Capps and her cohorts made some serious errors in judgment. Read More.

April 17, 7:01 PM

Beachgirl77 on "Commercial Fishermen Arrested for Theft" They're gonna be safer in jail than they will be walking the breakwater at the harbor. Read More.

Billy Collins & Aimee Mann