Summer Citrus Salad
Nothing tastes better on a warm summer day than a bright and colorful salad!
- For the Dressing
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbl white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- For the Salad
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby arugula
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted (instructions below)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. Spread the hazelnuts onto a baking sheet. Toast for about 10 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Let cool and coarsely chop.
2. For the dressing, put the Dijon mustard, garlic, orange juice, and white wine vinegar in a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Slice off the tops and bottoms of the grapefruits and oranges. Run the knife down the sides of each grapefruit and orange removing the peel and pith. Using a pairing knife, cut the fruit segments apart from in between the membranes.
4. In a salad bowl, toss together the arugula with the dressing (you may have some dressing left over, pour a little and then taste to see if you need to add more).
5. Divide the arugula among 4 plates, top each with the citrus segments, toasted hazelnuts, pomegranate seeds, and parmesan cheese.