Should the two nuclear power plants in California be shut down?

Yes 40% 93 votes
No 51% 117 votes
Only Diablo 7% 17 votes
227 total votes

Comments

Unless those "yes" and "only Diablo" votes want to power their homes with a treadmill, I suggest they leave those plants alone. Why do people find it so easy to just want to turn of the lights when EVERYBODY is so dependent on it.

AZ2SB (anonymous profile)
December 7, 2011 at 4:37 p.m. (Suggest removal)

So I should expect fukushima because I want the unsafe, corporate driven (because they will not invest in green tech) and what planet do you live on where you trust the nuts who put this dangerous technology which was developed to harvest weapons grade plutonium...

Oh don't get me started, suffering fools and their selfish gibberish is not my strong suit.

contactjohn (anonymous profile)
December 8, 2011 at 12:16 a.m. (Suggest removal)

But I think is where the term right wing nut job is appropriate.

contactjohn (anonymous profile)
December 8, 2011 at 12:18 a.m. (Suggest removal)

The ONLY "gibberish" is coming from the obviously "Left wing" nut job above. Nuclear, oil bring it ON!!!!!!

Priceless (anonymous profile)
December 9, 2011 at 7:41 a.m. (Suggest removal)

There are just too many ways for these Uranium/Plutonium nuclear fission plants to fail catastrophically, and what can happen, will happen. Shut them down, but then still we have the radioactive waste, "hot" for thousands of years, with no where to go. Maybe just throw it into the ocean or up into the atmosphere like Fukushima?

I use nuclear Fusion power for my home...Solar! We just need to further develop the energy storage systems to cover night time and stormy weather darkness. This future will be bright.

If we really need massive amounts of power, maybe Thorium nuclear fission will be an option, if it truly can be passively safe and if the radioactive waste can be tolerated. A lot of "ifs".

sbindyreader (anonymous profile)
December 10, 2011 at 9:14 a.m. (Suggest removal)

I just wish the Federal government got out of subsidizing these market inefficiencies-whether it be solar or nuclear!

Tucker (anonymous profile)
December 13, 2011 at 12:54 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Perhaps if the gov spent more on competent regulation and less on subsidies, oil and nuclear would be safer.

JohnLocke (anonymous profile)
December 14, 2011 at 8:46 a.m. (Suggest removal)