Rehab Wanted

Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Comments

I was the person in the high-speed chase from Ventura to Buellton on April 14, 2013. Now that my case has been adjudicated in Ventura County and I have been sentenced to four years, I wanted to let the County of Santa Barbara know that California Highway Patrol has charged me $7,750 for a vehicle that was totaled by a 1999 Honda I was driving. In fact that CHP vehicle wasn’t totaled; I just bought them a new car — during the pit move [in which Ramirez was boxed in on the 101], my car “grazed” a CHP car — as part of my deal for four years. I was offered nine years at 80 percent if I didn’t accept the plea of four years and $7,750 restitution.

Here’s why California’s prisons are full, I was two times the legal amount (BAC) as a drunk driver and driving my car — I could of been sentenced to lesser jail time and program. No one was hurt; no one was seriously endangered; the highway was closed off. I think I’m doing too much time for my crime, again without any real program or rehab to help me change my life. Instead I’m sentenced to a crowded place called Wasco State Prison R/C. I will never again want to be in Ventura County. Thanks … for not helping and no rehab for my drinking. All I smell is booty, feet, sweat, and urine in a “way over” crowded prison. That’s the state’s way in rehab!! To stick you in for a long time with overcrowded inmates and heat at 100 degrees, smelly people and urine smelling bathrooms. Oh! What a great rehabilitation service California has to offer.

Comments

Are we supposed to feel sorry for this idiot? He endangered countless lives by driving drunk and now thinks society owes him rehab?

elledecay (anonymous profile)
October 1, 2013 at 1:50 a.m. (Suggest removal)

REALLY? Are you really that stupid? You are an ABSOLUTE idiot!!! YOU chose to drink and drive. NO body twisted your arm. YOU chose this. Man up and accept responsibility for YOUR actions. Part of accepting responsibility is paying the price of your stupid actions!! WHAH! WHAH! WHAH! I hope you get a long sentence in that "awful" Wasco prison. You weren't thinking of the smells and the heat when you got stupid drunk and chose to endanger many lives and climbed in that car. Maybe a long term will afford you the opportunity to re-think your life, your actions and your responsibilities.. But then again....maybe not. Obviously you're too stupid to figure it all out!!!

birdone (anonymous profile)
October 1, 2013 at 3:46 a.m. (Suggest removal)

You don't like the conditions in prison? Too bad. After you do your time, we know you'll think real hard about endangering the public again.

Botany (anonymous profile)
October 1, 2013 at 3:56 a.m. (Suggest removal)

I will address the points raised one by one.

First, I agree prison conditions could stand to improve.
Second, alcoholism is a serious epidemic and I hope you get help for it and lead a better life.
Third, you clearly are a self-centered sociopath who has no sense of responsibility for how you CHOSE to get behind the wheel--putting lives at risk-- after you got drunk and in your current state of mind you have no chance of ever rehabilitating. The only reason nobody got killed is sheer luck.
Finally, I wonder if "you" (my emphasis) aren't a fictional person created by the staff of The Independent as part of an experiment to see how we react, but I'll play along with this anyway.

October 1, 2013 at 5:50 a.m. (Suggest removal)

enjoy. fyi, its great out here in the free world.

lawdy (anonymous profile)
October 1, 2013 at 7:53 a.m. (Suggest removal)

John it says in this article that you rammed the cop car? Maybe that is what you are paying for, and btw $7750 does not buy a new car.

I agree with everyone else, own up and take respnsibility. Say sorry we would have more compassion for you insted of being a 40 year old whiner.

Bill your wild assumptions that the Indy staff would do something illegal and post a fake letter is absurd! It would be a crime to do so and I highly doubt they would to pick your mind.

deniseL (anonymous profile)
October 1, 2013 at 1:44 p.m. (Suggest removal)

DeniseL: Can you read between the lines? (Being the humor-challenged one that you are) I was making admittedly a half-baked comment, but anything is possible. Have you ever heard the comment "this guy can't be for real"?

October 1, 2013 at 3:11 p.m. (Suggest removal)

You're all doing a great job of demonstrating the reason California's prison system is the most expensive and least effective in the country ( omitting the important factor of prison guard pay - 50% above the US average).
If we don't want drunk a**holes driving on the freeway, we need a system that changes them so that we don't release a**holes who're going to be drunk and driving on the freeway again 18 months (average recidivism time) plus four years later. Ramirez is saying that's the current plan, other than being more pissed off next time.

I doubt that there's a better environment to learn anti-social behavior than prison.

14noscams (anonymous profile)
October 1, 2013 at 11:10 p.m. (Suggest removal)

To Denise TheBeautiful, I find it amazing that you would take billclausen seriously.

Perhaps of Daryl Dragon Genis had defended Mr. Ramirez, he would have gotten him a reduced sentence.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
October 2, 2013 at 5:26 a.m. (Suggest removal)

And I've a question, what is the significance of the moniker "14noscams"? I am merely curious.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
October 2, 2013 at 5:28 a.m. (Suggest removal)

"It would be a crime to do so and I highly doubt they would to pick your mind."

deniseL (anonymous profile)
October 1, 2013 at 1:44 p.m.

@DeniseL: Did you mean "PIQUE my mind"?

October 2, 2013 at 5:38 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Sir William Jefferson Clausen, I think you have PEAKED in your nitPICKing about grammar. If I continue to see this behavior, I may PICKET this blog.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
October 2, 2013 at 5:53 a.m. (Suggest removal)

dolphinpod - noscams was around my 20th choice, and was unavailable, along with the previous 19 or so, so I decided "one for noscams" was as close as I could get to a username I wanted.
Hey - what's with dolphinpod14?

14noscams (anonymous profile)
October 2, 2013 at 8:35 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Loser, do your time like a man and shut the f--k up.

zuma7 (anonymous profile)
October 2, 2013 at 2:25 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Sure bill you were half baked....

deniseL (anonymous profile)
October 4, 2013 at 3:39 a.m. (Suggest removal)

@14scams: The idea came a few years ago when a blogger named Kratatoa accused another blogger named sevendolphins of blogging under more than one screen name. For the record, I believe sevendolphins when she said that it was merely a case of her partner not logging out and she thought she was blogging under her(sevendolphins) name. Kratatoa went ballistic for about the next year constantly and obsessively continuing with his/her accusations. During the initial confrontation, somebody named "eighdolphins" (who still blogs on occasion) appeared out of nowhere and said "I completely agree with what sevendolphins said" either to bug sevendolphins, Kratatoa, or both. So I decided as a joke to create various dolphin screen names over the years just as a joke.

For what it's worth, Kratatoa kept getting his/her account deleted because of their endless trolling/harassment of various people, and every time their account would get deleted, they'd set up a new one and go back to harassing. I still occasionally see sevendolphins (who is a serious blogger) and eightdolphins (who generally isn't) appear on these blogs.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
October 4, 2013 at 5:56 a.m. (Suggest removal)

How am I "half baked"? I'd say such an unfounded accusation is the sign of a person whose goose is cooked.

October 4, 2013 at 6:02 a.m. (Suggest removal)

uh, "KraKatoa", no, dolphinpod14? But then as an underwater denizen you wouldn't have any memory of that island that blew sky high in the late 19th century, so all is forgiven.

October 4, 2013 at 8:29 a.m. (Suggest removal)

"I was making admittedly a half-baked comment, but anything is possible."

October 1, 2013 at 3:11 p.m. (Suggest removal)

deniseL (anonymous profile)
October 5, 2013 at 9:03 a.m. (Suggest removal)

ANYTHING??? OK, then get these people in Washington D.C. to get back to work.

October 5, 2013 at 5:40 p.m. (Suggest removal)

DrDan: The the person in question would get his account deleted, and always come back with a different volcano name. Kratatoa, Krakatoa, Vesuvius, Pinatubo, etc. As he/she once said "from the ashes of one volcano another rises up!"

They were entertaining, but annoying, obsessive, and vulgar at times, as well as obviously very intelligent. I'm guessing it was somebody with Aspergers Syndrome. Ken and I were trying to figure it out one day, but had no clue as to who it was.

October 5, 2013 at 5:45 p.m. (Suggest removal)

The Dirty Knobs