Genis the Menace?

DUI Attorney Again in Hot Water

Thursday, July 18, 2013
Comments

Defense attorney Darryl Genis is in jeopardy of sanctions, according to a notice of disciplinary charges filed by the State Bar of California on July 9. The outspoken DUI lawyer who scored two high-profile victories in the past two years is being investigated for four violations of the State Bar’s Business and Professions Code.

The charges date back to a 2010 case when Genis allegedly made a “false and malicious State Bar complaint” against Deputy District Attorney Brooke Gerard because he was upset that Gerard turned over discovery documents to an attorney who succeeded him on the case. At the time, he wrote about Gerard to the DA’s chief trial attorney, “I will personally make her miserable by increasing her workload until either her office, or the bench denies her the ability to oppose and disrespect me.”

<b>ENDS V. MEANS:</b>  Defense attorney Darryl Genis has gained fans for his willingness to confront the law enforcement community, but his tactics have gained scrutiny from the State Bar.
Click to enlarge photo

Paul Wellman (file)

ENDS V. MEANS: Defense attorney Darryl Genis has gained fans for his willingness to confront the law enforcement community, but his tactics have gained scrutiny from the State Bar.

For his part, Genis said his complaint was completely valid and that the above language was taken out of context. “The quoted language says only that I will take her to task by making her prove all her allegations. It does not threaten a Bar complaint and it in no way supports the speculative allegation that I filed the complaint for any reason other than because what she did violated the Business & Professions Code,” he told The Santa Barbara Independent via email.

The second count stems from the first, castigating Genis for writing in a motion that Gerard admitted to committing a misdemeanor by “giving police reports and other sensitive confidential information” to an unauthorized person. Genis maintains that when Gerard admitted to handing over the documents, she was in effect admitting to breaking the law.

Genis’s third demerit was earned during a 2011 San Luis Obispo case when he repeatedly failed to show up for dates in front of a judge, despite the judge’s order that he personally appear. He missed the first date, he said, because he was in the midst of a trial in Santa Barbara. He missed two more because he was at a professional conference. The presiding judge, he said, ordered him to show up on the third date knowing there was no way he could make it. He sent substitutes to all the dates.

Finally, he is accused of violating a judge’s orders during a June 2012 trial not to discuss “bad acts, convictions or arrests of witnesses or the defendant without first being granted approval by the court after discussing the matter outside the presence of a jury.” He violated that order, the document asserts, when questioning police officers Kasi Beutel and Aaron Tudor. Beutel issued the DUI citation that led to Genis’s defense of investigative journalist Peter Lance, and Tudor was videotaped using force to detain DUI suspect Tony Denunzio. Charges were dismissed in both cases ​— ​the first by judge, the second by prosecution.

Genis believes that, especially since he underwent field sobriety test training in 2005, he has been a pain in the neck of the DA’s Office, which in turn has been out to get him by pleading code violations and asking judges for contempt charges. (“We do not have a discrete policy for dealing with Mr. Genis,” Stephen Foley, chief deputy DA, told The Independent.) Under California law, Genis has 20 days to respond to the charges and is entitled to a trial overseen by a State Bar Association judge. If the ruling is for suspension or disbarment, the case automatically goes to the California Supreme Court. Genis has no prior disciplinary actions from the State Bar, but was recently found in contempt of court after reportedly calling a prosecutor a “little girl.” He disputes that charge.

On the allegation that Genis disobeyed court orders, his own attorney Arthur Margolis said he “interpreted the extent of the rule different from the judge.” Furthermore, Margolis questioned the integrity of the State Bar altogether, suggesting that it is a political organization afraid of bad PR. Therefore, he said, it overreacts when judges or prosecutors complain. “The extent to which they actually exercise any real independent judgment is minimal,” he said.

Margolis suggested that disciplinary charges are really a means of punishing Genis for provocative behavior inside and outside the courtroom. Of his client he said, “He’s very controversial. I think he’s very creative, I think he’s annoyed a lot of people, and I happen to enjoy him.”

Comments

No doubt that Genis is being harassed by the local police/sheriff/DA/judges/Council cozy little group. If Beutel had gone to trial and been found guilty, her hundreds (thousands?) of DUI arrests/convictions would all be open to question with enormous potential liability to the city. Better for the entrenched bureaucrats to slime the opposition. Genis should get respect for standing up to a corrupt establishment.

JohnLocke (anonymous profile)
July 18, 2013 at 8:39 a.m. (Suggest removal)

The unprofessional antics of a single lawyer can disparage the reputations of all lawyers within the profession. Maintaining the integrity of the profession as a whole is a legitimate purpose for any state bar association.

foofighter (anonymous profile)
July 18, 2013 at 11:13 a.m. (Suggest removal)

..."taken out of context". Genis says that a lot about criticism regarding his statements. His pattern of behavior would suggest he has a real problem with women, especially those that could defeat him in court.

I believe a suspension could give him the time to work on his issues.

Validated (anonymous profile)
July 18, 2013 at 12:21 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I guess we can look forward to more late night drunken rants now.

July 18, 2013 at 1:11 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I agree with John Locke. Government and it's so on all levels has a tendency to have an us vs them mentality; and that's particularly so in the already highly adversarial criminal law bar. This particular DA would seem to like nothing better than to be rid of this particular effective defense attorney.

at_large (anonymous profile)
July 18, 2013 at 2:53 p.m. (Suggest removal)

He's the Dario Pini of law in Santa Barbara. But like Pini, he serves a need here and is a check and balance of our self-protective law enforcement establishment in SB.

Botany (anonymous profile)
July 18, 2013 at 3:12 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Like I said when I had to hire an attorney to handle some nasty business, " He's an a**hole, but thankfully he's our a**hole"

JamPenn (anonymous profile)
July 18, 2013 at 3:53 p.m. (Suggest removal)

"JohnLocke" also defenbds the use of racial epithets in debates.

July 18, 2013 at 4:06 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Genis is the Rush Limbaugh of Santa Barbara. He's offensive, yet an absolutely brilliant master of self-promotion.

July 18, 2013 at 4:59 p.m. (Suggest removal)

'JohnLocke' is absolutely correct. Genis does indeed deserve respect for standing up to an institution(s) that have for so long, forgotten that "servitude" is an integral part of a "public servants" job.

Genis is a damn good attorney(no, I've never required his services) with occasional Biden-like, off-the-cuff outbursts. So what?! We all do that!

calicaledonia (anonymous profile)
July 18, 2013 at 11:26 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Being an idiot is not illegal.

MesaD805 (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 12:27 a.m. (Suggest removal)

I agree with foofighter. This action by the State Bar is long overdue.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 8:38 a.m. (Suggest removal)

It's amazing how many readers have firsthand knowledge about Genis and who/what he is and what/when it should happen to him. Oh wait....you never met him, never saw him argue a case, you read a few articles here and made a judgement call. Yeeeeeaaaahh, your opinion is worth a steaming pile.

3domfighter (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 8:53 a.m. (Suggest removal)

I was called for jury duty on a DUI case and have seen him in action. He was polite and respectful, but then the judge and prosecutor were also.

JohnLocke (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 9:14 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Furthermore, Margolis questioned the integrity of the State Bar altogether, suggesting that it is a political organization afraid of bad PR. Therefore, he said, it overreacts when judges or prosecutors complain. “The extent to which they actually exercise any real independent judgment is minimal,” he said.

I think this is a very telling statement in the article. When a "civilian" put's a complaint in regarding attorney conduct, I have noticed it carries much less merit. I think this is an attempt to quell the voice of opposition by the local authorities. It will be very interesting to see what sort of integrity this bar association exhibits.

I think the bar needs to grow a pair and the DA and the Judges are the ones that need a talking to.

bimboteskie (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 9:43 a.m. (Suggest removal)

some of DG's posts make sense. however the posts where he argues his cases in indy forums or cast aspersions on his opponents character ( normally women)....now those are steaming piles.

and i would say his rants are indicative of who/what he is.

lawdy (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 10:07 a.m. (Suggest removal)

3domfighter, Mr. Genis regularly appears in forums such as this one, so most of we regulars are well aware of what he thinks and says.

As lawdy writes, some of what Mr. Genis posts does make sense, but there is also a lot of bombast and BS in what he writes as well as insults directed at those such as myself who disagree with him. I'm not surprised to read about how he behaves toward opposing counsel, because that's how he comes across in his voluminous writings here. IMO he has no business trying his cases in online public comments forums, either.

Mr. Genis is an effective attorney, and I acknowledge and salute his successes, but I've noted in the past that other very successful criminal defense attorneys do not operate like Genis does. I've also written that I thought sooner or later the State Bar would take notice of Mr. Genis' antics, and it appears at last that this has happened. It's way overdue.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 11:26 a.m. (Suggest removal)

John Locke you consider racial epithets acceptable so you're the last person I'd ask.

July 19, 2013 at 11:35 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Not due to any fault of Mr. Genis- one can never choose one's fans but a lot of his faux anti-establiishment supporters here in turn support the nakedly corrupt Florida judicial system, hypocrisy? At best.

July 19, 2013 at 12:27 p.m. (Suggest removal)

"Mr. Genis is an effective attorney, and I acknowledge and salute his successes, but I've noted in the past that other very successful criminal defense attorneys do not operate like Genis does...." Or, at least they don't use their real name as their username when commenting on these forums.

brimo7272 (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 12:48 p.m. (Suggest removal)

At first I thought it was cool that Genis participated in these forums, rare the newsmaker does so. But unfortunately his posts turned into long rambling attacks on people not even connected and innuendo I'd expect from the Taliban frankly, regarding women. I hope he just needs a rest.

July 19, 2013 at 12:52 p.m. (Suggest removal)

brimo, in my experience the best and most professional criminal defense attorneys defend their clients in court, not in forums such as this one, and they keep their egos in check.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 1:09 p.m. (Suggest removal)

slagging his opponents in online forums is unprofessional spirit.

lawdy (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 1:49 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Just my opinion, informed by observation and experience, spirit. Vaya con Dios.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 1:57 p.m. (Suggest removal)

"Government and it's so on all levels has a tendency to have an us vs them mentality; and that's particularly so in the already highly adversarial criminal law bar."
-- at_large

I have no doubt that is true. But that same pull-up-the-drawbridge mentality exists in every organization of more than a few people. It's part of who we are as tribal members.

One pertinent question: is it worse than in any other organization? Especially one that has a substantial portion of the population calling them all sorts of vicious names, wishing they could be drowned in a bathtub, have their integrity questioned, etc. My guess is that any organization subject to the same conditions would have just as much of a rally-round-the-flag attitude.

Another question is whether this attitude is affecting the job they are supposed to do. That I cannot judge. But I will discount to zero the lug nuts and libertarians on the far right who completely lack the ability to think in shades of grey instead of black-and-white.

SezMe (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 2:33 p.m. (Suggest removal)

BTW, great title to this article. Made me chuckle.

SezMe (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 2:35 p.m. (Suggest removal)

"post blatant propaganda"

Now that's funny..........

Priceless (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 6:32 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I also agree with John Locke. I am glad he's a thorn in the side of the court and the district attorney's office.

buckwheat (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 7:20 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Is that like PostModern?

July 19, 2013 at 8 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Let's not forget what this article is about. Genis' misogyny is glaring in and out of the court room, especially his late night drunken rants, and it brings complaints by the civilized.

Maybe some counseling to root out those deep mommy issues would make him more professional.

Validated (anonymous profile)
July 19, 2013 at 8:12 p.m. (Suggest removal)

@spiritwalker: that is perhaps the single most clever line ever published in these screeds.

@SezMe: the far left has its full share of lugnuts and by definition the libertarians are not far right.

JohnLocke (anonymous profile)
July 20, 2013 at 9:03 a.m. (Suggest removal)

A small percentage of lawyers are honest wonderful people. The others are taught to "legally lie" by studying for the ethics test (it's a how not to get prosecuted set of rules they have to memorize) and use their position and the law to literally steal your money legally.
The Bar Association is a joke. To prosecute lawyers is to prosecute their profession. Judges aren't any better. Some are lazy, impatient and act accordingly, or so was my experience.

khiggler (anonymous profile)
July 20, 2013 at 10:54 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Who would ever be jealous of a little (p/g)enis?

Validated (anonymous profile)
July 20, 2013 at 3:23 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Interesting that DarrylGenis hasn't made an appearance on this comment thread yet. I have no way of knowing for sure, but perhaps his attorney has told him to shut up, and perhaps he's taking that advice. I guess we'll see.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 20, 2013 at 3:37 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Maybe his account was deactivated.

July 20, 2013 at 3:47 p.m. (Suggest removal)

There is no point in responding. The armchair psychiatrists have diagnosed me as going on drunken rants in spite of the fact that I do not now and never have been one to drink alcohol, and in fact have never been even only slightly buzzed much less drunk. The same armchair shrinks say I have an Oedipus complex and that I am a mysoginist.
You folks are beyond amusing. Carry on.

DarrylGenis (anonymous profile)
July 20, 2013 at 3:59 p.m. (Suggest removal)

*mysogynist ;)

You need a copy writer my friend.

July 20, 2013 at 5:34 p.m. (Suggest removal)

agreed plenty of lug nuts on both sides, and wing nuts in between. As an avowed center-left guy, John, you must know some extreme lefties pretty well, so you confirm the lug nut preponderance based on your close association I guess. Not all libertarians are far right, but many of them are. Or, some far right folks pose as ultra-libertarians.

July 20, 2013 at 5:40 p.m. (Suggest removal)

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 20, 2013 at 5:54 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Yeti,
If you mean by agreeing to represent Mr. Lance and expose the dark underbelly of the criminal justice system as it relates to DUI in SB, then I agree with you.

As for spelling errors, if the IPad spellcheck gets it wrong then it's wrong, and if you are going on spelling errors, you have way too much time on your hands, or you are just that desperate to find fault. Either way, you have my condolences.

DarrylGenis (anonymous profile)
July 20, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Ken_Volok: Sorry, misogynist, although I'm really concerned only with related recent legislation and court decisions, not spelling. It's ironic that current rational thinking regarding LGBT legislation is accompanied by violation of the rights of heterosexual women.
foofighter: " unprofessional antics of a single lawyer can disparage the reputations of all lawyers within the profession. Maintaining the integrity of the profession as a whole is a legitimate purpose for any state bar association." Sneddon's repeated malicious attacks against county residents and his competitor for the DA office, for example, were obviously personal, not professional antics. The state bar is notorious for ignoring violations of ethics, although its inaction does maintain the integrity of the profession, asKasi Beutel, an "officer in good standing", maintains the integrity of the LE profession. Both maintain standards of low integrity relative to other professions.

14noscams (anonymous profile)
July 20, 2013 at 7:31 p.m. (Suggest removal)

DarrylGenis, I was privately amused by your last spelling error, but I didn't point it out or make mention of it until now. Feel free to look again, as my last post read: "I don't agree with ad hominem attacks, but IMO much of this DarrylGenis brought on himself." I was referring to what was being written about you in this comment thread, but I suppose I also meant the pending State Bar complaint against you. There was nothing in what I wrote that had anything to do with a spelling error you made, but I'm not surprised by your casting the usual aspersions on my motivations for disagreeing with you.

If you're going to be a crusader for truth, justice and the American Way, going around exposing dark underbellies here and there, then I think you should recognize that there are right ways and wrong ways of going about it. If you go about it the wrong way long enough, then you shouldn't be surprised if eventually your behavior results in the State Bar taking a look at you and how you operate. Further, if you crusade outside of boundaries often enough, then we both know the State Bar has the power to take your sword, lance and shield away from you.

I think if you set your ego aside and learn how to behave, then you might find yourself even better and more successful at your career. You're clearly intelligent enough to know how to do it, and I respect your success. In any event, I stand by what I wrote.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 20, 2013 at 8:15 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Ok Darryl Genis, let's give you the benefit of the doubt and admit that you are really seeking justice. Tell me, absent the current methods and polices in place to rid our society of the menace of drunk drivers, how would you do it. How would you, in a free society, ensure that I can drive down the road late at night without being harmed or killed by a drunk driver? Do you have a plan other than berating how the system works now? You're a smart guy. Share your wisdom.

Eckermann (anonymous profile)
July 20, 2013 at 10:01 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Eckermann,
It is well documented that since 1981 when the Los Angeles Times first printed a letter I sent to the editor, I have advocated a law which prohibits driving within 12 hours of consuming any alcohol for ordinary folk, and 72 hours for those claiming to be alcoholic. I have simce added that The law would require BLOOD tests NOT breath, and the analysis must be dual capilary column headspace GCMS, and nothing under .02% would be prosecuted. Second offenses would result in lifetime license loss. All LEO contact with drivers would be required to be audio/video recorded from first observation to conclusion of chemical test or refusal as a precondition to criminal filing.

DarrylGenis (anonymous profile)
July 21, 2013 at 3:02 a.m. (Suggest removal)

You know Mr. Genis, I have criticized you before in this forum, but your last post has earned my respect and I apologize for doubting your thoughtfulness and dedication to public safety. The only thing that I would add to your very well conceived policy would be that refusal to submit to the blood test would result in lifetime license loss. I am not so sure how important video would be if the blood sample comes back over 0.08%, but why not? I love the idea of lifetime license loss after the second offense. This is a humane policy that allows for one youthful mistake but requires offenders to learn from such mistakes. Thanks for responding with such a thoughtful and logical idea.

Eckermann (anonymous profile)
July 21, 2013 at 5:47 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Criminalizing an alleged refusal, or even giving draconian administrative consequences without requiring audio/video proof lends itself too easily to a crooked cop framing a driver.
Case in point: Aaron Tudor swore under penalty of perjury that he properly admonished DeNunzio of his obligation to take and complete a chemical test of his breath or blood and that DeNunzio thereafter refused. All the authorities (DA, DMV, and Judges) believed Tudor over DeNunzio who said he was never advised and never refused. DMV took his license for 3 years and it was just his word against the 4 cops and the DA employee (Lessor J. Michaels). And then at trial something happened: a tape recording of what really happened in the blood room appeared. As it turns out the truth is they all LIED, that is all but DeNunzio. I'm still waiting for the authorities to prosecute the witnesses for perjury, but you know that's not likely. DMV claims they destroyed their file, so I made them a new one. I'm sure we can count on Joyce Dudley and Cam Sanchez to make this right, Right?

DarrylGenis (anonymous profile)
July 21, 2013 at 8:34 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I almost forgot: Thank You for your post and your compliment.

DarrylGenis (anonymous profile)
July 21, 2013 at 8:35 p.m. (Suggest removal)

"There is no point in responding."

Could you PLEASE follow your own policy. Oh wait, you are incapable of that. That is why you are always in trouble running your yap.......

Priceless (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 8:16 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Just read this. Nice to see this finbacked charlatan stick his brainfoot deep into the doodoo. Ha!

Draxor (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 10:49 a.m. (Suggest removal)

The DMV destroyed their file? WOW....that is rich. Seems that the Po Po and maybe some other agencies don't want transparency so instead they waste their time on a character assault of Genis.

Regarding ridding our society of drinking and driving, I think things could be done much more preemptively with technology including auto lockouts and ignition control.

bimboteskie (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 10:56 a.m. (Suggest removal)

An assertion by DarrylGenis is not true just because DarrylGenis says it's true. I'd like to see his evidence and hear the other side of the story before I decide that DarrylGenis's latest accusations have merit. It's a never-ending story of wrongdoing by the cops, DA, et al in all the high-profile cases he handles, non-stop assaults on the integrity of his opponents and detractors, and denials of his own wrongdoing when someone calls him on his conduct. I'm tired of it, and I'm tired of him.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 12:23 p.m. (Suggest removal)

The straw that broke my back was the schoolyard attack on Welsh.

July 22, 2013 at 12:29 p.m. (Suggest removal)

LegendaryYeti,

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER!!!!!!

The headline of this article is also right-on target.... He's a Jacka$$ with a seek and destroy mentality whose only goal in life is to get is clients off knowing they committed the crime. Most defense attorneys defend their clients to get them a fair sentence. Not Genis the menace he tries his cases in the court of public opinion throws mud as far as he can then claims to be a savior in the out of control justice system. If the system is broken it is because of slim ball attorneys like Genis.........

Priceless (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 12:41 p.m. (Suggest removal)

"If the system is broken it is because of slim ball attorneys like Genis.........

Well, I guess your username does give some explanation...Priceless.

brimo7272 (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 1:04 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Hey Draxor Being finbacked isn't always a bad thing. Quit painting us all with the same brush.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 2:13 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Legendary Yeti: Your response to Genis's comment July 21, 2013 at 8:34 p.m., "An assertion by DarrylGenis is not true just because DarrylGenis says it's true. I'd like to see his evidence and hear the other side of the story". Here's a copy of your comment on the Indy article by Chris Meagher March 13, 2013, that included the audio recording of Tony Denunzio that Genis referred to in his comment referenced above. Denunzio repeatedly asks to have his blood drawn in a hospital as LE repeatedly interrupts him and tells him he's refusing a blood test and his license will be suspended for three years. Link to Indy article with audio; http://www.independent.com/news/2013/..., and the comment you posted:

Posted on March 13 at 12:22 p.m.

Kudos to Genis for trying his case in court where it belongs and not in the Comments section of the SB Independent, for a change. I imagine DeNunzio will be out there driving with alcohol on board again pretty soon. Yay.

On Mistrial Declared in Tony Denunzio DUI Case
Comments by LegendaryYeti
Previous | Page 7 of 21 | Next

"It's a never-ending story of wrongdoing by the cops, DA, et al in all the high-profile cases he handles, non-stop assaults on the integrity of his opponents and detractors, and denials of his own wrongdoing when someone calls him on his conduct. I'm tired of it, and I'm tired of him."

Fooling all of the people all of the time is really the only game plan, correct, Yeti, SBPD, SBSO, DA Dudley?

14noscams (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 2:34 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Seems to be lots of name calling rather than a discussion. That usually means one side is getting to the other mentally so they have to resort to name calling and other personal attacks. DG has won even at times when the odds were stacked against him and I think that is why some people are in full attack mode. It is almost baiting, in the way the comments, and even this article is set up, then he replies to the argument and everyone gets their panties in a bunch and has another tantrum. If you don't like the laws, then change them.

bimboteskie (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 2:41 p.m. (Suggest removal)

One always wants their heroes to be more than human.

July 22, 2013 at 3:10 p.m. (Suggest removal)

spirityanker must be getting jealous again. Your talking about me and my supposed $160K a year job. Slow day in the conspiracy tent???

So which is it mouth piece for Genis the Menace?? Is it "Priceless", "Useless", "Worthless" or the countless other defamatory names?? You keep confusing me with your babbling rants. Please pick one so we can move forward.

As for GZ he's more of a man than you will ever be you worthless troll or should I say women hater since you like to bash the female gender quite a bit.....

Priceless (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 4:06 p.m. (Suggest removal)

TM may have been unwise in his final choices, but I saw nothing that equated 'low life little piece of trash' especially since he was going home from the store.

Spirit, you hv some hate issues.

lawdy (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 4:10 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I'm not trying to fool anyone, 14noscams, but unless the law has changed and I don't know about it, if DeNunzio was insisting that his blood be taken at a hospital instead of at the location at the jail where he and the officer[s] were and where DUI blood samples are taken, then I can see where the officers would have considered that a refusal, with all that entails. By itself the recording doesn't necessarily prove the truth of what DarrylGenis alleged last night.

However, the case has been adjudicated and I don't see a lot of utility in discussing it further here, unless DarrylGenis is taking it further, e.g., if an internal or outside investigation is underway regarding the officers' conduct, etc..

Feel free to flame me if you like, but the basic story that we're commenting has a lot less to do with me and a lot more to do with DarrylGenis' alleged conduct that has caused the State Bar to examine his behavior. Anyway, I stand by what I wrote earlier, as you so ably copied and pasted it. Well done. And, since I don't work for any of the entities you mention at the end of your post, I don't speak for them.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 4:22 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Priceless obviously works for Kodak.

July 22, 2013 at 4:23 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I agree, bimbo, there is a lot of name-calling going on in this thread now. And it's beyond me how George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin have anything to do with DarrylGenis' behavior as alleged [i.e, the subject of the story at the top of this page!]

I also agree with you thaat if you don't like the laws, then change them. I don't have a particular problem with the laws as written, but IMO your advice applies to DarrylGenis as well.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 4:29 p.m. (Suggest removal)

"I agree, bimbo, there is a lot of name-calling going on in this thread now"

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 4:29 p.m.

You just did it yourself by callin bimboteskie "bimbo". You are sooooooooooooooo busted!

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 5:05 p.m. (Suggest removal)

dolphinpod14, I shorten screen names pretty regularly in my posts, as others do, but I won't do it anymore if it bothers you.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 5:15 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Pretty sad when Cetaceans have to reprimand you.

July 22, 2013 at 5:15 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Shame on me . Mea culpa.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 6:13 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Only a Yeti could step in it so big time.

July 22, 2013 at 6:42 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Ok, Ken, Dolphins, Yeti, time for a group hug.

To Draxor and Dolphins, lawyers, sharks, whales and so forth, I dedicated this video to you. Spiro Theodore Ted" Walker. (Anagnostopoulos)

SpiroTWalker (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 6:43 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Oh and dolphinpod, chill out and have a nice cold glass of air.

SpiroTWalker (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 6:48 p.m. (Suggest removal)

You're right Ted, sorry Yeti, I'm just in a cranky mood today because of all the attention in the press about the English royal family baby birth. It's just that all week long "Kate's in alabor" "Britian is waiting for news from Buckhinham Palace" and I get to thinking it's even more ridiculous than the nonsense I post.

dolphinpod14 (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 6:53 p.m. (Suggest removal)

No worries, dolphinpod14. Group hug, everyone.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 7:01 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Someone splashed me

July 22, 2013 at 7:14 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Genis doesn't win most cases. He has a losing record. I have seen him in court. To his untrained clients he puts on a great show much like he does here on the blog. And when he loses it isn't his fault the judge/jury was wrong. This publicity is great for him tho. Free advertising. I have seen people here say they would hire him if they got a DUI.... You might as well kiss your $ bye bye. Look at the service that poor kid got in SLO, Genis wouldn't even show up when ordered by the judge.

According to Darryl everyone is against him even Yelp when he is exposed.

deniseL (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 8:44 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Look at Darryl's filtered reviews. He tried to review himself on 3-24-2013. All the other reviews are by new posters who have only reviewed Darryl, they were suspicious to Yelp and not posted because they were believed not to be real. Jeez i wonder who is posting fake good reviews on Yelp about Darryl.... Hmmm i wonder....

deniseL (anonymous profile)
July 22, 2013 at 9:05 p.m. (Suggest removal)

No spirit, unless wanking pays, you are obviously unemployable.

lawdy (anonymous profile)
July 23, 2013 at 7:14 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Now I'm a "Psychotic little girl scout" I"M SOOOO CONFUSED!!!! I thought you loved me???

I might have to seek counseling for all this hatred name calling and female bashing. I really don't want to abuse the workers comp system but spirityanker has really stuck it to me this time.

When I was younger I was a girl scout, I was sooo pretty and all the other little girls were sooo jealous of me they used to call me, "Psychotic little girl scout". I had nightmares all night last night with all those mean words flooding back and visions of little girls circling my bed and taunting me. All I wanted to be was loved and SBSO's PIO making $160K a year.

What is a "Psychotic little girl scout" to do???

Priceless (anonymous profile)
July 23, 2013 at 7:15 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Yeti, you can call me bimbo anytime. No offense taken.

bimboteskie (anonymous profile)
July 23, 2013 at 9:07 a.m. (Suggest removal)

The best attorney around. I hired him and am so happy I did. He defends you! Lots of corruption in our courts and the police dept.
I have nothing but good things to say about this man. Hire him you will be happy too.

dorothydee (anonymous profile)
July 23, 2013 at 5:32 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Or, you could make the choice to not drink and drive, then you don't have to hire any attorney to defend you, and you save a lot of money, too. You, the DMV and your car insurance company are all happy.

LegendaryYeti (anonymous profile)
July 23, 2013 at 5:43 p.m. (Suggest removal)

You save even more money by drinking less or not even drinking!

July 23, 2013 at 5:49 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Well yes Ken, but the whole spirit behind Genis and his ilk is doing whatever he can to make sure people don't take responsibility for their actions.

When you look at this from a moral (and not simply prudish--but how our behavior affects others' well-being) standpoint, it becomes obvious that Genis fits in perfectly with an economy that has chosen to become increasingly dependent on getting people drunk--morally the equivilant of the high school boy who gets his girlfriend drunk so he can have sex with her.

July 23, 2013 at 6:56 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Only get'em drunk so you can take their money.

July 23, 2013 at 7:02 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I see spirityanker or genis has another screen name to help his/their cause in trying to defend a shark out to make money off the degenerates in SB.

Yeti you hit the nail on the head. If you don't get plastered you don't need a snake to defend your stupid actions of driving drunk. Yet Genis makes a living off the criminals that make stupid decisions or hurt others.

Genis is nothing but a bottom feeding bloodsucker...

Priceless (anonymous profile)
July 23, 2013 at 7:50 p.m. (Suggest removal)

No surprise, the resident bigot superwank also has no problem degrading women.

Dorothy thinks her problem is the police not that she drives after drinking. Good news Dorothy...fiesta next week, roll them dice again.

Get some sleep DG, next week is your version of black Friday.

lawdy (anonymous profile)
July 23, 2013 at 8:53 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Yes, your graphic description of anatomy is bad taste.
Why must you be a very offensive one today?

SpiroTWalker (anonymous profile)
July 24, 2013 at 5:45 a.m. (Suggest removal)

billclaussen, LegedaryYeti: Did you overlook the facts that Genis's 3 recent newsworthy clients weren't drunk and that he advocates a ban on drinking and driving that's much more restrictive than DUI law?

14noscams (anonymous profile)
July 28, 2013 at 8:51 p.m. (Suggest removal)