WEATHER »

Homeless Man Dies from Apparent Drug Overdose

Found By Friend in Makeshift Campsite Monday Afternoon


Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A 41-year-old homeless man was found dead Monday afternoon at a makeshift campsite next to the Arrellaga Street offramp. Evidence at the scene suggests he died from an accidental heroin overdose, police said. The man’s name has not been released pending notification of family.

According to SBPD spokesperson Lt. Paul McCaffrey, the man was discovered by a friend at around 1 p.m. They were supposed to meet Sunday night, the friend said, explaining they had last seen each other at around noon that day. Authorities continue to investigate the death, McCaffrey said.

Billy Collins & Aimee Mann

Presented by UCSB Arts & Lectures, Former U.S. Poet Laureate ... Read More