Not Fun for All

Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Comments

I am beyond outraged that you would even mention an event like this in the Independent! [The Week, “Frozen Turkey Bowling Fundraiser,” 11/15/12.] What sort of message is this sending our children? Are they being taught respect and reverence for all life? I don’t think so. This is a moral disgrace.

Comments

I prefer dwarf tossing myself. Nothing helps me unwind after a long day of clubbing baby seals.

Stumbling_Distance (anonymous profile)
November 20, 2012 at 6:32 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Well you are entitled to your opinion but this obviously garnered enough support to become an event. I'm guessing that is why it is in the Indy. Here to report not take sides.

MSSB (anonymous profile)
November 20, 2012 at 9:56 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Hm, last I checked, the turkey was dead and frozen. And a fundraiser for a good cause. Now if the bird was alive, that's another story.

BeachFan (anonymous profile)
November 20, 2012 at 9:58 a.m. (Suggest removal)

I'm outraged that you could be so narrow-minded as to be outraged enough to write a letter complaining about this event. Get a life!

November 20, 2012 at 10:49 a.m. (Suggest removal)

'as God is my witness, i thought turkeys could fly'

lawdy (anonymous profile)
November 20, 2012 at 11:32 a.m. (Suggest removal)

I prefer tri-tip beef, but it ain't too round to roll down a bowling alley.

John_Adams (anonymous profile)
November 20, 2012 at 11:44 a.m. (Suggest removal)

The children will understand

sbsurfguy (anonymous profile)
November 21, 2012 at 9:19 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Poor Stumbling_Distance, you missed the last Otter Feed, and I know you got the invitation...I gotta get back to my Cheerios w/ beer...

italiansurg (anonymous profile)
November 21, 2012 at 9:45 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Lorraine, I tend to agree with you. I wasn't outraged when I saw this in the Indy, I was more...what's the best way to say it? Maybe resigned.

It's not "funny" and there's something pretty strange about finding it entertaining.

I'm not a vegetarian but I do think that there's something oddly myopic about not finding this kind of thing in questionable taste.

Native1 (anonymous profile)
November 30, 2012 at 9:10 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Vaud and the Villains