Rebecca Mills Sentenced for Role in Gillespie Street Shooting

Wife of Jack Mills Pleads No Contest to Attempted Second-Degree Burglary

Monday, April 23, 2012
Comments

Less than a week after her husband was found guilty of attempted murder for shooting a man in the head during a home invasion — a crime for which he will likely spend the rest of his years behind bars — Rebecca Lee Mills pleaded no contest Monday to attempted second-degree burglary.

Mills, 52, changed her plea from not guilty during the morning hearing and was subsequently sentenced to three years in prison. She will be released for time served. When asked if she waived her constitutional rights to a jury trial, she told the court, “I want to go home.”

Rebecca Mills
Click to enlarge photo

Rebecca Mills

Her husband, Jack Mills, however, will not be going home anytime soon. A jury found him guilty of all charges related an attempted burglary on the Westside in March 2010. Rebecca was originally charged with the same crimes as her husband, but many of the charges were dropped as a result of her plea deal.

The jury found that Jack shot a man at point-blank range when the husband and wife duo, along with two other men, attempted to rob a home on Gillespie Street. The couple — from Lompoc — was not found for several days after the incident but was eventually tracked to a home in Nevada.

The victim survived the shooting. Jack is expected to be sentenced later this year.

Comments

What a couple of game prize winners here! Hope you guys get to work on that rec yard tan LOSERS! :) henry

hank (anonymous profile)
April 23, 2012 at 5:44 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Cant you read shes going home to her family. Who are you to judge, you know nothing about her family and who she is.
She a good women and a even greater mother. why dont you sit there and look at your own damn faults.

Purvis1987 (anonymous profile)
April 23, 2012 at 9:51 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Hey Purvy:

"Cant you read shes going home to her family."

Yeah, w/ a CRIMINAL RECORD. Now there's a conversation topic @ the next family get together.

"Who are you to judge, you know nothing about her family and who she is?"

Why I'm hank & I do know, given her actions, SHE'S A CRIMINAL. Don't know about her family, but I bet the old saying "the apple don't fall far from the tree" applies.

"She a good woman and a even greater mother."

Yeah, I'm sure she can teach her kids how to avoid the mistakes she's made by NOT getting caught for the crimes they'll probably learn to commit under her parental tutoring.

"Why dont you sit there and look at your own damn faults?"

I have looked @ my own damned faults, here they are: Opinionated, brash, quick to judge, rude, snide, snarky, uncouth, base.

Stuff that ain't my "own damned faults": Attempted murder for shooting a man in the head during a home invasion, attempted second-degree burglary.

Yeah, & I'M the 1 w/ the PROBLEM? :) henry

hank (anonymous profile)
April 24, 2012 at 10:54 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Thats MRS. PURVIS-MILLS too you mr. inconsiderate (henry). Aparenty you also have no tact nor concern for other peoples feelings. You call yourself a man yet you have to stoop as low as atacking there childen as well.

PS none of us kids have ever been in trouble with the law

Purvis1987 (anonymous profile)
April 24, 2012 at 12:14 p.m. (Suggest removal)

@ Purvis1987,

If you, as a Mills child, has kept yourself and siblings out of trouble I can applaud that, but that's rarely the case for the children of low life scum like your parents. The depravity of Jack's assault on those innocent people ranks right up there with the worst of the worst. Your mother was a willing accomplice that hid out in Nevada with 'Jack the stupid' while a young man struggled to survive a gunshot to the head.

We can all be fortunate for two things: Jack will be in prison for the rest of his days (a waste of tax payers money), and that young man shot in the head survived to testify. It is a real shame your mother is getting out though. Hardly a fair deal to the victims of this horrendous crime.

I do believe that since us taxpayers have to foot the bill for all of this we do have the right to judge them, just like that jury did.

Validated (anonymous profile)
April 24, 2012 at 2:05 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Purvy: "Mr. Inconsiderate (henry). Apparenty you also have no tact nor concern for other peoples feelings."

Well, you got 1 thing right, give yourself a gold star or a pat on the back.

Purvy: "You call yourself a man yet you have to stoop as low as attacking their childen as well."

I never called myself anything other than Opinionated, brash, quick to judge, rude, snide, snarky, uncouth & base.
But when did I attack any children? All I did was point out what a mom like that may just do. If the kids want to follow, well, that's their perogative & would therefore make me right huh?

Purvy: "None of us kids have ever been in trouble with the law."

Well good for you! Neither have I, that's something we BOTH have in common. I guess you're in good company then.

By the way, Validated hit it all on the head in 1 fell swoop pointing out what you're obviously missing. Stay out of trouble, stay out of our legal system, that's how you DON'T turn out like Jack & Rebecca Mills :) henry

hank (anonymous profile)
April 24, 2012 at 4:27 p.m. (Suggest removal)

If my parents turned out to be Jack and Rebecca Mills I'd tell my children their grand parents were dead.

Validated (anonymous profile)
April 24, 2012 at 5:53 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I would never tell my kids that they love there nana and papa. its a horrible thing what happend that doesnt make them who they are granted i feel awful for that family i truely do i pray for them often.

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Purvis1987 (anonymous profile)
April 24, 2012 at 8:17 p.m. (Suggest removal)

It is interesting how you can use proper grammar, punctuation & spelling when quoting the Bible, yet fail on all 3 marks w/ your own statements ("Cant" instead of Can't, "shes" instead of she's, "She a good women and a..." instead of She's a good woman and an..., "too" instead of to, "Aparenty" instead of apparently, "atacking there" instead of attacking their, "there nana" instead of their nana, "doesnt" instead of doesn't.
Not trying to sound like Sez_Me or anyone nitpicky like that, but really, if you DON'T want to follow the ways of Jack & Rebecca Mills you'd better get your English right. Take it from a Cuban :) henry (aka "enrique")

hank (anonymous profile)
April 24, 2012 at 9:31 p.m. (Suggest removal)

What a waste of time that must have been for you. Nothing better to do.

Purvis1987 (anonymous profile)
April 24, 2012 at 10:54 p.m. (Suggest removal)

So how do you explain that "papa" is a sex offender who was so strung out on drugs that he was willing to kill a man, and that nana followed this loser? I agree with validated, I would have ditched the Mills name if it had anything to do with this pair. Forgiveness is for God to give not us humans.

AZ2SB (anonymous profile)
April 24, 2012 at 11:13 p.m. (Suggest removal)

He is not a sex offender get your facts straight !!!!!!!! I am a Mills threw the good and the bad.

Purvis1987 (anonymous profile)
April 25, 2012 at 12:34 a.m. (Suggest removal)

"It's a horrible thing what happened" Purvis, that's what you say when a tree falls on a car, or something like that. When a man shoots another man in the head, you should say "it's a horrible thing HE DID." Until you own up to the fact that this "good woman" and her husband DID this horrible thing, you can't expect anyone to feel sympathy for you or your family. Rebecca is not the victim here.

Nitz (anonymous profile)
April 25, 2012 at 9:42 a.m. (Suggest removal)

(This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of use policy.)

Draxor (anonymous profile)
April 25, 2012 at 10:04 a.m.

Psst, don't mention God around Draxor.

AZ2SB (anonymous profile)
April 25, 2012 at 10:37 a.m. (Suggest removal)

You should see what happens if you mention Draxor to God.

April 25, 2012 at 2:26 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Purvy: "What a waste of time that must have been for you. Nothing better to do."

Actually no, not a waste of time, was actually multi-tasking while I wrote that.
Seems like multi-tasking is a forte of the Mills elders. "Papa" Jack "O'-Lantern" Mills did a lot of that during the comission of the crime that got him put away for good.

Looks like toothless is going to get a new set of choppers, compliments of thr CA Dept. of Corrections, basically out of the taxes I pay.
Meanwhile "Nana" Rebecca "Follow the loser" Mills gets to go home.
Ever stop to think how this whole series of events, caused by Jack & Becky, have affected the victim?
The pain, trauma, nightmares, cost, all that stuff that your parents don't give a rat's patootie about.

I will bet bucks to doughnuts that Jack O-Lantern is already hatching a plan to get out.
The only place this guy knows is the backside of the bars in a cell door.
I really hope & wish that you or your siblings don't follow the path of these 2 losers you call parents.

So AZ2SB brings up some charges good old "papa" was convicted of & you say this is wrong. Quick to the defense of this clown.
I feel bad for you, seems like you've spent your life defending this guy & for what? So he can go out & get in trouble YET AGAIN?
Like Nitz said: "Until you own up to the fact that this "good woman" and her husband DID this horrible thing, you can't expect anyone to feel sympathy for you or your family."

In my family if you did wrong NOBODY stuck by you, it was up to you to sort it out.
Wrong was wrong & whatever consequences came of it were YOURS to face.
May sound cruel, but guess what? It kept ALL of us out of trouble & those that got in trouble stayed out of it once they did their penance.

By the way, not to nitpick or anything like that, but it is "through" not "threw" :) henry

hank (anonymous profile)
April 25, 2012 at 4:41 p.m. (Suggest removal)

As I've pointed out: Draxor is a robot, so of course he has no soul. A brilliant, funny robot, but a robot at that.

April 25, 2012 at 6:56 p.m. (Suggest removal)

pervis maybe your prayers are towards the wrong people we dont need your prayers, but i bet your wonderful, loving parents do.

valz28 (anonymous profile)
April 25, 2012 at 9:18 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Sometimes I think life is not fair my family lives in fear, fear from people even though it hurts scum like your parents(truth hurts right) while your convict mother got to go home, mine still wakes up crying. let your kids enjoy nana, while mine could of been killed at the shooting, because they also lived in that house.

I just hope that next time your mom has a brilliant idea somebody doesnt end up dead. So please do a favor for my family and society, keep your loving mom on a short leash.

valz28 (anonymous profile)
April 25, 2012 at 9:39 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Valz28 I am so sorry I cant tell you how sorry I am for you and your family I mean your family no disrespect in anyway.Please take note that I am not the person who harmed your family i am just the daughter who no matter what happens in my life i will always love my parents.

Henry im sorry that your family isnt very supportive
I said he wasnt a sex offender (he has never been convicted of that) I dont expect anyone to feel sympathy for my family or myself.

Purvis1987 (anonymous profile)
April 26, 2012 at 6:36 p.m. (Suggest removal)

We really don't need your apology, it means nothing to us the harm has already been done. You apologize to someone you accidentally step on or bump into not some one you shoot in head to get some easy money to support your drug habit. How else do you explain the missing teeth. Respect I don't think you or your family even know what that word means I only wrote so that maybe you will feel bad and stop trying to defend criminals regardless if their your parents keep your mouth shut please let's see if you really know about respect

valz28 (anonymous profile)
April 27, 2012 at 2:52 a.m. (Suggest removal)

You keep saying you. I did nothing to your family I was apologizing for myself because of how awful I feel for your family. So your angry at the wrong person. I mean honestly do you think im not angry at him well guess what I am how stupid i think he is it makes me sick so no im not defending his actions and how he has destroyed your familys life and the reasoning behind it we will never know so once again MY siblings and i are not the target of your wrath you got your justice so please dont keep saying you like we did anything wrong. So i guess i have no respect . not enough to allow you to blame me or my siblings you have the right to blame them we are not the ones that hurt you we are the ones trying to fix things and pick up pieces .I cant even begin to think how things have been for you

ps i really hope you take a second to actully read this take my apology or dont not my concer i said what i needed to say.

Purvis1987 (anonymous profile)
April 27, 2012 at 8:36 a.m. (Suggest removal)

I think your the one that needs to take second and think what you are actually writing my point is if you had a little bit of respect you would of never put your opinion in a forum since your so hurt you should of left it alone we all know that your parents are both criminals and that's how society will see them mad at you no I'm not like you said its not you fault but we will like for you to stop trying to defend them just let it go. Also let's remember your parents were the ones that had a wrath not us.

valz28 (anonymous profile)
April 27, 2012 at 9:59 a.m. (Suggest removal)