Raise the Barre
Evening of food, wine, music and of course dancing will benefit the Arts Mentorship Program's relocation efforts.
When: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Where: The Pan, 18 E. Cota St., Santa Barbara, CA.
Cost: $75 - $250
Age limit: 21+
• Enjoy an evening of cocktails, Kayla wine, comfort food, photo booth, cabaret and aerial dancers, silent auction, and the sounds of DJ Gavin Roy
• All proceeds support the NEW 9,000 square foot Performing Arts Center at 531 E. Cota Street
• Sponsors Kalyra, Pay Junction, SB Independent, and The Pan are all coming together to make this event a huge success for this beloved arts organization
• The Arts Mentorship Program presents Raise The Barre to help support the current relocation of its studios, shared with partner Santa Barbara Dance Arts.
• The two organizations are casualties of the recent gentrification of the Funk Zone and have been forced to find a new location after eight years in their space at 1 N. Calle Cesar Chavez in the Vercal Building.
• The Arts Mentorship Program needs to raise $450,000 to make this dream a reality and has already raised $330,000 in a few short months
The Arts Mentorship Program (AMP) provides vital support to local artists, scholarships for low-income students, and administrates the Student Dance Companies with partner Santa Barbara Dance Arts (SBDA). Dance arts are a sixteen- year veteran of the local performing arts scene. They have resided in the Funk Zone’s Vercal Building at 1 N Calle Cesar Chavez since 2004 under the direction of Alana Tillim and Steven Lovelace.
Raise the Barre is the perfect way for the community to support a good cause and have a good time in the process. What makes this event unique is the creative energy that the dancers and community will bring and we know it will be an energetic party! We are thrilled to have auction items from local favorites: Cava, Bouchon, Kalyra Winery, Tropical Affair, Aqua Nail Bar, and many more.
Event posted April 29, 2013
Last updated April 29, 2013