- 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., 1626 Santa Barbara St.
- 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., 1905 Cliff Drive Unit. G ($5)
- 10 a.m., 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., S.B. Recreation Center, 100 W Carillo St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., Sansum Diabetes Research Institute, 2219 Bath St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., 5679 Hollister Ave., Goleta
- Noon, 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 1 p.m., Child Abuse Listening and Mediation office, Rm. 8, 1236 Chapala St. (Free)
- 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., 800 block of Linden Ave.
- 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m., Cancer Center of S.B. (Free)
- 5:30 p.m., Smmerland Church, 2400 Lillie Ave. Summerland (Free)
- 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m., Robertson Gymnasium, UCSB
- 6 p.m., 1187 Coast Village Rd., Ste. 10-J (Free)
- 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., downtown location ($35)
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Christ the King Episcopal Church (Free)
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Save the beaches from the Kaiju -- or at least from pollution -- with Warner Brothers pictures and the City of S.B. Creeks Division, and get free passes to see Pacific Rim this weekend.
8 a.m. to 10 a.m., Stearns Wharf (Free)
Protest in front of the courthouse regarding forced drugging of the elderly by doctors, nursing homes, and professional conservators.
8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., S.B. Courthouse (Free)
Join us for a series of 60-minute concerts featuring Music Academy of the West Fellows.
2 p.m. to 3 p.m., S.B. Museum of Art (Free)
The five lessons featured in the Get Golf Ready program will provide basic skills instruction as well as information regarding the game’s Rules, etiquette and values.
6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Twin Lakes Golf Course ($129)
A 4 class series focusing on preparing healthy meals using freshly grown produce.
6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Goleta Valley Community Ctr. ($20)
Highly regarded conductor will sign copies of his new book.
7 p.m., Chaucer's Books (Free)
Screenwriters Association of Santa Barbara presents this event, featuring With Jonathan Young, Ph.D.
7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Brooks Institute's Gallery 27 (Free)
Join Santa Barbara Permaculture Network as it continues its Permaculture Around the World series, highlighting the path of Permaculture around the globe, this time in Kenya and East Africa.
7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Faulkner Gallery ($5)
An evening of rock & roll and alternative jams
7 p.m. to 11 p.m., SOhO ($10)
The diabolical barber bursts into song and life onstage at the capable hands of Showstoppers Musical Theater.
7 p.m., La Colina Junior High School ($10)
Follow the fantastical meeting between psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud and author/scholar C.S. Lewis as they discuss their interpretations of life, death, sex, beliefs and more.
8 p.m., Center Stage Theater ($20)
Legendary local jazz-folk-rock at an equally legendary local venue.
8 p.m. to 11 p.m., Mel’s Lounge (Free)
An evening of jazz music, performed live.
8 p.m., Marquee Lounge, 1212 State St., Santa Barbara. (Free)
Folk rock singers will perform.
8 p.m., Plaza Playhouse Theater ($15)
A duo of indie-electro-pop outfits that will cause your shoulders to sway
9 p.m., Seven Bar and Kitchen (Free)