- 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., 1626 Santa Barbara St.
- 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., 316-A State St.-The Adderly School ($18 - $20)
- 10 a.m., 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., S.B. Recreation Center, 100 W Carillo St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., Sansum Diabetes Research Institute, 2219 Bath St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., 5679 Hollister Ave., Goleta
- Noon, 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., Sol Fit & Health, 225 E. Cota St.
- 1 p.m., Child Abuse Listening and Mediation office, Rm. 8, 1236 Chapala St. (Free)
- 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Ojai Youth Entertainers Studio, 316 E. Matilija St., Ojai
- 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., 800 block of Linden Ave.
- 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m., Cancer Center of S.B. (Free)
- 5:30 p.m., Smmerland Church, 2400 Lillie Ave. Summerland (Free)
- 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m., Robertson Gymnasium, UCSB
- 6 p.m., 1187 Coast Village Rd., Ste. 10-J (Free)
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Sino West, 5718 Hollister Ave. Ste 105, Goleta ($7 - $10)
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Christ the King Episcopal Church (Free)
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Class includes tips on how to refresh driving skills and qualify for lower insurance rates. Must preregister.
8 a.m. to noon, Friendship Manor ($10)
Celebrate the business's reopening at this party featuring drinks, music, pizza, and raffles.
5 p.m. to 7 p.m., DCM Graphics, 16 B Calle Laureles (Free)
Help combat hunger with donations of canned goods and mingle with local businesses and vendors.
5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Rizzoli's Automotive, 1149 West Tama Lane, Santa Maria. (Free)
UCSB Theater students will present readings of notable recent works of fiction related to ruins.
6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Art, Design & Architecture Museum (Free)
Dance will include lessons in line dancing and a variety of modern styles.
7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., 6396 Hollister Avenue, Goleta ($10 - $15)
Historian Neil Graffy discusses earlier design reincarnations of S.B.
7 p.m., S.B. Maritime Museum (Free - $5)
An introduction to Buddhism and authentic spiritual practice with Dharma Teacher Dawa Tarchin Phillips. Donation requested.
7 p.m., Bodhi Path Buddhist Ctr. (Free)
Dr Miguel Gallardo will discuss the public health crisis facing the Latina/o community due to poor access, a lack of a bilingual and bicultural behavioral health workforce, and the inseparable link between wellness and justice.
7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Fess Parker's DoubleTree Resort (Free)
Through education and practice, build your personal confidence for riding a bicycle on city streets.
7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Bici Centro, 506 E. Haley St. (Free)
Santa Barbara Dance Theater and UC Santa Barbara Department of Theater and Dance present this group show.
8 p.m., Hatlen Theater ($13 - $19)
Funk-rock pioneers will storm the stage for a powerful performance.
8 p.m., Chumash Casino Resort ($25 - $35)
Mutiny Studios presents two sets of country/honky-tonk music from this San Luis Obispo based band.
9 p.m. to 11 p.m., Brewhouse (Free)