- 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., 1626 Santa Barbara St.
- 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Foodbank of S.B. County, 4554 Hollister Ave.
- 10 a.m., 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., S.B. Recreation Center, 100 W Carillo St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., Sansum Diabetes Research Institute, 2219 Bath St. (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., 5679 Hollister Ave., Goleta
- Noon, 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., Sol Fit & Health, 225 E. Cota St.
- 1 p.m., Child Abuse Listening and Mediation office, Rm. 8, 1236 Chapala St. (Free)
- 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Ojai Youth Entertainers Studio, 316 E. Matilija St., Ojai
- 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., 800 block of Linden Ave.
- 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m., Cancer Center of S.B. (Free)
- 5:30 p.m., Smmerland Church, 2400 Lillie Ave. Summerland (Free)
- 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m., Robertson Gymnasium, UCSB
- 6 p.m., 1187 Coast Village Rd., Ste. 10-J (Free)
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Sino West, 5718 Hollister Ave. Ste 105, Goleta ($7 - $10)
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., 30 W. Mission St. #7 (Free)
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Christ the King Episcopal Church (Free)
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Three-day course will teach volunteers to help others improve basic skills.
10 a.m. to 1 p.m., S.B. Central Library (Free)
Designed for children from age 0 to 5, each performance creates a fun, informal, social setting that spurs engagement and supports children’s oral language development, preparing them for literacy.
10:30 a.m., Multiple S.B. County Public Library locations (Free)
Shops along Lillie Avenue get into the holiday spirit with one-day-only specials, wine and beer tastings, and live music.
3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Lillie Avenue in Summerland, CA (Free)
S.B. Children’s Theater performs a new interpretation of a classic fairy tale created to educate, challenge, and inspire young people.
4 p.m., Multiple S.B. County Public Library locations (Free)
OYES's Musical Theater program students take to the stage.
5 p.m., Ojai Youth Entertainers Studio ($12)
Raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society while enjoying a festive meal.
5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., 6551 El Colegio Road, Goleta. (Kappa Alpha Theta Chapter House) ($5 - $10)
Riveting documentary on China's ever-changing economic landscape through the lens of sports. Followed by a discussion.
6 p.m., MultiCultural Ctr. (Free)
Photographer will discuss him time as a guide as well as his process of photographing the beauty of these beautiful animals.
6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Wall Space Gallery
Dr. John Paulus discusses how to manage symptoms, as well as the details of potential causes of these conditions and how to prevent them from recurring.
6 p.m. to 7 p.m., 523 Chapala, Suite 2 (Free)
Learn how to work together in a mutually beneficial way.
6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mahakankala Buddhist Ctr. ($10)
Film tells of the groundbreaking investigation about one of America’s most shameful and best kept secrets: the epidemic of rape within the U.S. military. Followed by a Q&A session with the film's producer Amy Ziering, and a reception.
7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Pollock Theater (Free)
Journalist and author Ben Hellwarth leads a captivating presentation on a brief history of deep-diving pioneers, promising prototypes, and the legacy of a forgotten undersea quest.
7 p.m., S.B. Maritime Museum (Free - $5)
Student actors of Santa Barbara High School's theatre program perform a Tony Award-winning musical.
7 p.m., S.B. High School ($5 - $10)
Local leaders will convene to discuss homelessness with each other and the public.
7 p.m. to 9 p.m., S.B. Museum of Natural History (Free)
Dance will include lessons in line dancing and a variety of modern styles.
7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., 6396 Hollister Avenue, Goleta ($10 - $15)
SBCC's Theatre Arts department presents William Shakespeare's immortal tale.
7:30 p.m., Jurkowitz Theatre ($8 - $16)
Matthew Jackson's new play will portray tensions in the British Isles.
7:30 p.m., UCSB Theater and Dance Building (Free)
Play set in the mid-1600s explores the enclave of Sephardic Jews within the city of Amsterdam.
8 p.m., Center Stage Theater ($20)
UCSB Department of Theater and Dance presents a poignant portrait of early 20th century female factory workers in Melanie Marnich's drama.
8 p.m., UCSB Performing Arts Center ($13 - $17)
DJ Lithuanian Prince will spin vinyls of norther soul, 60s popcorn and french pop all night.
8 p.m., The Marquee (Free)
S.B.-based avant-polka band post-Polka (a subsidiary of Headless Household) performs with Kalinka.
8:32 p.m., Muddy Waters Café ($5)
Local nonprofit will raise money for returning combat Veterans.
9 p.m., James Joyce (Free)