5th Annual Irish Night
Featuring a family Irish dinner, traditional Irish music, and a raffle with fantastic prizes. Proceeds benefit Fonkoze, Haiti's largest microfinance institution. Must preregister.
When: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Where: Trinity Episcopal Church, 1500 State St. , Santa Barbara
Cost: $5 - $35
Age limit: Not available
Categories: Calendar of Fundraisers
TRADITIONAL FAMILY IRISH DINNER
Hearty Irish Stew, Vegetarian Stew, O'Brien Soda Bread, Salad, Dessert and Drinks
Traditional Irish music by Foggy Dew
A singalong to favorite Irish songs and group dancing
$35 per adult and $5 per child (under 10)
Donations are tax deductible. All proceeds go to Fonkoze.
BY ATTENDING IRISH NIGHT YOU'RE CHANGING PEOPLES' LIVES
* In 2007, Fonkoze Santa Barbara raised $60,000 to open a new bank to provide microcredit business loans for Haitian women
* In 2009 the new branch opened in Jean Rabel, a rural community in Haiti. In January 2012 the branch was serving 1,400 women, having nearly doubled its January 2011 total.
* By 2011 Fonkoze SB raised another $46,500, funding 2,120 classes provided to 1,590 women
* In 2011 between February and June, 461 women attended classes in literacy and health
* By January 2012 we had raised another $17, 818 towards the $25,000 needed to reopen classes (suspended since June for lack of funds) for 1000 women this year
Each $25 raised Irish Night provides one of our 1,400 women an opportunity
for one 64 hour free class session in business or literacy skills in 2012. These
skills are needed to enable them to make enough profit to buy food for their
families, and $60 for tuition and a school uniform for each child.
Event posted Feb. 15, 2012
Last updated Feb. 15, 2012