An Introduction to the Alexander Technique
Community workshop led by certified Alexander instructor Michel Fredrick, presented by Elements Theatre Collective. Please RSVP.
When: Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011, 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: S.B. Central Library, 40 E. Anapamu St., Santa Barbara
Age limit: All ages
FREE for you and your Friends: Introduction to The Alexander Technique Workshop
On Sunday, October 23rd from 1:30 to 3:00 PM, Elements Theatre Collective will be hosting a free community introductory workshop to the Alexander Technique at the Faulkner Gallery at the Santa Barbara Public Library. This event, led by 30-year Certified Alexander Instructor Michel Fredrick, is open to the public and totally free of charge, but please sign up soon as space is limited to the room capacity. SIGN UP NOW by emailing us your name and phone number at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE?
The Alexander technique offers a clear, systematic look into the underlying pringciples that govern human movement.
WHO STUDIES THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE?
* Anyone who has physical or emotional discomfort due to stress, postural habits, movement problems, old injuries, or poor self-esteem.
* Performing artists.
* Athletes and martial artists.
* Voice and movement educators.
* Psychologists and physical therapists.
* Public speakers and business professionals.
* Horse riders of all levels and forms.
WHAT IT CAN DO FOR YOU
* Reduce tension and stress in everyday activities (walking, cooking, sitting at a computer, driving a car).
* Deepen awareness in specialized activities such as Yoga, Pilates, and Martial Arts.
* Enhance presentation skills by overcoming fear and stage fright.
* Improve skills in sports (golf, tennis, running, swimming) and performing arts (dancing, singing, playing a musical instrument, acting).
* Learn to relieve chronic pain from lower back syndrome, neck and shoulder tension, runner’s knee, tennis elbow.
* Prevent future injuries.
* Improve posture, coordination, and self-awareness.
* Increase energy and mental clarity
Event posted Oct. 12, 2011
Last updated Oct. 12, 2011