Comments

October 25, 5:39 PM

lawdy on "Lois Capps: Does Character Matter?" Mr Dies, condolences on your loss. Frankly, I don't care about Lois Capps one way or the other. I think the man responsible for your daughter's death is going to ... Read More.

October 25, 5:35 PM

Herschel_Greenspan on "Why I’m Voting Yes on Measure P" I am voting yes on P just to piss you off. Read More.

October 25, 5:15 PM

Georgy on "Chumash Camp 4 Approval Edges Closer" “I will continue monitoring the BIA process closely but maintain this issue is best resolved at the local level,” she said in a statement. It's not a local issue, it's ... Read More.

October 25, 4:17 PM

realitycheck88 on "Why I’m Voting Yes on Measure P" Mr. Steed, could you please be honest? The real reason you are voting yes on P is because it makes you feel good about yourself. This is the only plausible ... Read More.

October 25, 3:43 PM

Herschel_Greenspan on "Lois Capps: Does Character Matter?" Capps did reach out to the Dies family, then they filed a lawsuit against her. Classy. She has been an excellent representative for this district. That is why she will ... Read More.

October 25, 3:35 PM

nativegeo on "Why I’m Voting Yes on Measure P" DBrown, we are all moving to south county. When our cousins from the SJV come to visit, they will move to south county as well. HOWDY NEIGHBOR! Read More.

October 25, 3:32 PM

tabatha on "Tale Tellers" After interviewing a person on his show, Thom Hartmann refuses to take comments after the person is no longer on the air. He does that because he says that the ... Read More.

October 25, 3:30 PM

DavyBrown on "About Lois Capps …" "one's desire to pursue free will" OK, -- I'm with Rebecca: Vote for Capps! Read More.

October 25, 3:22 PM

DavyBrown on "Why I’m Voting Yes on Measure P" Totally agree Mr. Steed about how most SB folks see the oil business: "they no longer trust the industry to act in the public interest " -- thus, YES on ... Read More.

October 25, 3:20 PM

mikeb on "Lois Capps: Does Character Matter?" Matt dies really made a case for the shabby treatment from Lois Capps and her damage control instead of reaching out to the family of Mallory. Not only is Lois ... Read More.

October 25, 2:54 PM

nativegeo on "About Lois Capps …" nomoresanity, you bring up some good points. Keep them coming. I've never understood why the left is so critical of success, either. Perhaps it is their deep feelings of inadequacy ... Read More.

October 25, 2:15 PM

nativegeo on "Why I’m Voting Yes on Measure P" John, are you a Water Guardian? The Community Environmental Council is pleased to announce the addition of four new Board members, including Laura Burton Capps, Christopher E. Hahn, Karl L. ... Read More.

October 25, 2:02 PM

JohnTieber on "Lois Capps: Does Character Matter?" In the event clarification is helpful: Regarding legal vs moral/ethical, I wasn't suggesting either is superior; rather, only that a DUI defense attorney providing factual information from his area of ... Read More.

October 25, 1:14 PM

AutoCoalition on "Lois Capps: Does Character Matter?" For a poetic explanation of the difference between what is legal was what is right may I suggest people read Shakespeare's "the Quality of Mercy" found in The Merchant of ... Read More.

October 25, 1:11 PM

nuffalready on "Why I’m Voting Yes on Measure P" Tabatha: One has to hold ones nose and drill past Desmogblog to get anywhere near the nut of your methane issue. Drilling deeper that we get to the AGU website. ... Read More.

October 25, 12:44 PM

JohnTieber on "Lois Capps: Does Character Matter?" At the risk of stating the obvious: It might be helpful to consider that Darryl Genis (consider, for instance @ October 24, 2014 at 2:11 p.m.: "Mallory's BAC was so ... Read More.

October 25, 12:22 PM

tabatha on "Lois Capps: Does Character Matter?" For once, AutoCoalition, I agree with you. I do not drink and drive, and if I ever did and found myself in an accident, it would be my fault and ... Read More.

October 25, 12:17 PM

nuffalready on "Why I’m Voting Yes on Measure P" John: You are voting for Measure P because you swallow (whole) all the 350.org talking points. Its a list that Katie must pass out. And you were kind enough to ... Read More.

October 25, 11:54 AM

AutoCoalition on "Lois Capps: Does Character Matter?" Darryl, After having taken a 1.5 ounce shot of 80 proof whisky I determined that I was impaired enough that I would be unsafe walking across a busy street. That ... Read More.

October 25, 11:40 AM

GEO on "Have You Kicked Your Inner Poodle Today?" The Basic reality of oil's impacts on our shared biosphere are not simple. The direct impacts of Oil Companies deliberate emissions and (accidents), on Human & Ecological Health are not ... Read More.

October 25, 11:29 AM

DarrylGenis on "Lois Capps: Does Character Matter?" AutoC, don't believe everything your government tells you. Your name is not Autopilot. The chart is dead wrong if that's what it says. I guarantee, that if you weigh 205 ... Read More.

October 25, 11:27 AM

14noscams on "Have You Kicked Your Inner Poodle Today?" zionist - " if P will shut down all oil production, as the measure's opponents claim" I think I've read this statement around 10 times in comments, but the reality ... Read More.

October 25, 11:24 AM

Rebecca28 on "About Lois Capps …" "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill Kudos to anyone who has enough guts to speak their truth.....without viciously ... Read More.

October 25, 11:01 AM

nativegeo on "A Word from a Firefighter" LindaSO, I hope you stick around after the vote. Your posts are entertaining. Read More.

October 25, 10:57 AM

Herschel_Greenspan on "Bellosguardo Foundation Named" I would like to know more about the board. It was supposed to be a yen person board with the mayor selecting seven. Now there are nineteen. Read More.